1440 Westview Drive, Berkeley
Property has a Berkeley mailing address but is Oakland taxes, legal, and schools.
Offered at: $3,950,000
A home such as 1440 Westview Drive does not come along often.
A truly spectacular romantic Italian Villa with a modern California aesthetic! Designed and built by noted Bay Area Architect, Mark Wallace Little, this finely built home has drop-dead gorgeous views of San Francisco and the Bay and dazzling interior architecture!
Once inside, one is immediately captivated by the exceptional natural lighting throughout, the open flow of interior spaces, and the extraordinary Loggia/Terraces facing the bay. The master suite and dining room all open to the Loggia/Terrace. The lower bedroom level offers a second Master Suite, two other bedrooms, and one of two laundries. All three bedrooms open to the Lower Loggia/Terrace. Upstairs from the main floor are another bedroom/media room with wet bar and full bath.
This extraordinary new home is located in a quiet secluded cul-de-sac in the lower Claremont Hills just a short distance up the hill from the Claremont Hotel/Spa and fine dining.
Read more about 1440 Westview Drive’s SPECIAL FEATURES (here), including Structural Safety (foundation, shear walls), Fire Safety (fire sprinkler system, fire alarms), Weather Protection and Durability (four coat stucco, roof drainage, driveway trench drains), Comfort (sound isolation, green measures) and more.Main Level:
- Spectacular Entry, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen and Master Bedroom Suite (with own laundry), opening to Loggia
- Three Bedrooms and Two Baths, opening to Loggia
- 5th Bedroom or Family Room, with bath, closet and wet bar with refrigerator
- Three bonus rooms in permitted space. Use your imagination!
- Down-sloping lot with gorgeous views of the Bay. There is a garden at lowest level and a wooded area with potential.
- Two car garage with car charger and storage room.
- 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths
- Permitted Gross Living Area of House: 4,310 sq. ft.
- City of Oakland approved Bonus Space on lower level: 905.75 sq. ft.
- Lot: Per Public Records: 7,740
- Additional storage: Off Garage and Bedroom Level
- Permit finaled: 6.11.2019
- Certificate of occupancy: 9.18.2019